Photography and Media Arts teaches a wide range of skills, from traditional photography through to advanced new-media technologies. The department hosts the Photomedia Major and the Animation and Video Major in the Bachelor of Visual Arts program.
The Photography and Media Arts Workshop is located in both the School of Art and Design and the Peter Karmel Building at ANU.
It provides students with access to a range of facilities for traditional and digital photography, including:
- Two darkrooms with over 30 enlargers
- Colour and black and white developing machines
- Equipment for alternative photographic processes such as cyanotype, tin-type and pin hole cameras
Green Room Studio
- 3 GoldenEagle light bank with 6 fluorescent tubes
- 8 dimmable warm spotlights
Listening & Recording Studio
- Recording booth
- 8.1 surround sound system
- XLR cables
Video Editing Studio
- Mac Pro computer with two 27’ screens
- Full HD Optoma projector
- 5.1 surround sound system
- Digital Projection Projector model: M-Vision Cine 930, 12K Lumens
- 3 Epson lumens projectors
- Honda Inverter generator model eu30i
Students across all courses have access to several computer labs installed with the Adobe Creative Suite. A range of digital cameras, SLR cameras, projectors and lighting equipment are also available to hire on an individual basis.